Adult Congenital Heart Disease Clinic
Advances in paediatric cardiology and congenital heart surgery have increased the survival of paediatric patients with congenital heart disease into adulthood. Many of these patients need long term follow up to monitor for complications, residual lesions and may need multiple surgical / non-surgical procedures. Patients with these heart conditions should be managed by a team who has experience dealing with these patients so that the best care is delivered to the patients.
What do we offer?
The Adult Congenital Heart Disease Clinic (ACHD/GUCH) offers comprehensive care for all patient 18 years and above who:-
- Have newly diagnosed or uncorrected congenital heart defect.
- Have undergone heart surgery for congenital heart defect.
- Requires long term follow-up for congenital heart defect following surgical or transcatheter procedures, examples Ebstein anomaly, Post Tetralogy of Fallot (TOF) repair, single ventricle, post Fontan or Glenn shunt and complex congenital heart disease.
- Management of adult with congenital heart defect.
- Monitoring and management of long term effects of congenital heart defect (example: complications, arrhythmias, heart failure, pulmonary hypertension and residual lesions)
- Surgical repair or re-interventions (example: valve repair/replacement, conduit replacement) in these patients.
- Transcatheter interventions or non-surgical procedures (e.g. atrial septal defect (ASD) and Patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) device closure, stenting of Coarctation of aorta or branch Pulmonary artery stenosis in all adult patients with congenital heart disease).
We have a multidisciplinary team consisting of experts in adult congenital surgery, arrhythmias (abnormal heart rate), heart failure, pulmonary hypertension, advanced imaging and catheter interventions specialists to ensure that the adult patients with congenital heart disease have optimal care and treatment.
When does the clinic operate?
Who to contact?
+603 2617 8995
+603 2617 8984
Dr Geetha Kandavello
Dr Leong Ming Chern