The Pharmacy Department serves to promote the safe and effective use of pharmaceutical drugs in collaboration with other healthcare professionals.
Out Patient Pharmacy Services
At the Outpatient Pharmacy our friendly staffs provide the following services:
- Supply of medication and medication devices to patients.
- Medication and medication devices counselling to patients.
- Medication home delivery service. (Currently only available for patients who are GOVERNMENT PENSIONERS and the request must be made at the pharmacy counter. Please contact IJN or the pharmacy department for terms and conditions of this service.)
Location & Operating Hours:
Ground Floor, Block B
Monday to Friday: 8:15am- 6.00pm
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holiday: Closed
Contact details: 03-2600 6405/6406
Inpatient Pharmacy Services
At the Inpatient Pharmacy we provide the following services:
- Supply of medication and medication devices to patients in the wards
- Supply and dispensing of medications to patients upon discharge
Lower Ground Floor, Block B.
Contact details: 03-2617 8221/8223
Pharmaceutical and Sterile Preparation Unit (PSPU)
At PSPU, we prepare and repackage medications for the outpatients and in patients. Services include:
- Preparation and packaging of Paediatric syrups.
- Reconstitution of injectables to be used by the nurses
- Manufacture sterile preparations
- Repackaging and re-labelling of tablets, cream, ointment, etc.
CLINICAL & TRAINING UNIT
The Clinical and Training Unit supports the quality use of medicine to optimize medicine therapy and patient outcome and provides teaching and training to pharmacy professionals, IJN staff and students.
The services include:
- Provision of clinical pharmacy to patients in the wards with the aim to maximize clinical effect of medicines and minimize the risk of treatment induced adverse events and costs to patients.
- Pharmacist input at the Anticoagulation / NR Clinic
- Medication and device counselling services to patients in the wards e.g. warfarin, cardiac rehabilitation medication, heart failure medication counselling
- Provision of medicine information services to patients and healthcare professionals
- Intradepartmental and inter-department training and teaching
- Clinical attachment of Pharmacy Diploma and Degree students from local and overseas institutions
- Produce medication related patient information leaflets to encourage safe and effective use of medicine
We offer exciting career opportunities to suitable candidates. The benefits include remuneration, medical and maternity benefits and opportunities to develop your career. Please email us for further detail.